SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
So I am wondering about video cards.. When the 300 series arrives I want to go SLI with my gtx260 OR get a better card. Would it be better to go SLI and someday tri SLI with a GTX260 or would it be better to get a different card GTX280 or something and sell the 260?

Don't bother with the dual-card setup.

100% of a price increase for around 75%, plus its a bigger pain because you'll have to sell two later on.

Buy a higher end GTX 280 or wait for the GTX 300's and use the Core 216 as a PhysX card.

So... I am confused with the physX thing. What exactly is it for? I know some games implement it... And to use it as a physX card do I still have to connect the sli adapters?

I can no longer receive an EVGA 280 on newegg.. (Want EVGA.. Fan boy issue)

found 285:

EVGA | Products

I hope the price drastically comes down when the 300 cards arrive.

I'll have (2) GTX 280's (1 EVGA, 1 BFG) for sale when the 300's come out. When you start packing the cards in for Tri-SLI heat really starts being a major issue, water-cooling is recommend for any real performance.

I see... Figures... My case is already tight. How much slay?? I will get a 300 card once a steady job appears itself to me. If the price is good I will dibs that EVGA one. I just don't feel like the 260 is pulling it's own weight. Could be a win7 issue (Think it is) but we will see when I get out of the RC.

I'd really like to sell them both at the same time. They both have Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Coolers. Price is yet to be determined but probably around $200-$225 each, as a pair. Closer to $250 each if sold individually.

ORB - Compare

That score was with Win7

I see... Figures... My case is already tight. How much slay?? I will get a 300 card once a steady job appears itself to me. If the price is good I will dibs that EVGA one. I just don't feel like the 260 is pulling it's own weight. Could be a win7 issue (Think it is) but we will see when I get out of the RC.

what do you mean the 260 not pulling it's own weight? are you trying to play at 2560x1600 or something? my 260 maxes every game out now. (except for new DX11 games)

my advice is, if you have the $250-300 now that is needed for a GTX 280 then just live with the 260 until the GT300 cards come out or save up the extra cash and get a HD 5870. right now i dont see any point in putting more than about $150 in to a DX 10 card right now, not since the DX11 stuff is right around the corner.

Yeh SLI is a waste now, unless you are going to get 2xGT300s or xfire 5870s. One of either of those will probably probably beat 2x260s easily.

Don't expect the GTX285 to come down in price either. The flagship cards never really come down in price and the gt200s are expensive to make so i doubt it will happen.

Philbar, I don't think it's neccarly my card. I am waiting to reformat to know for sure. 300 cards are going to be a lot of money thoughe.... judging by current cards release price I will not be able to afford one for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom