i7 920 to be discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
I've heard rumors about the 920 being discontinued, but can't find any solid info on it. Does anyone know if it's true or not?

Its true in a nutshell.

The main reason to get an i7 920 was for upper mainstream users and the i5's have taken that area now.

But I'd still rather have an i7 920.

As soon as basically any store runs out. As far as I know, the production's already stopped.

Order online dude: Tankguys or try Microcenter's site :) or you can buy Veedub's

microcenter only does in store pickup for their i7's :(

I was going to buy Nubleet's, but told him I was going to Microcenter instead... but since they just ran out, I'll probably buy his :)

The 920 was cutting into the 950 and 975 larger profit margin. Why spend $500 to a $1000 on a 950 or 975 when you can buy the 920 and a good heatsink for less money with the same performance. So they released a new i7 and the i5 series with dual channel memory to replace it.

The 920 was cutting into the 950 and 975 larger profit margin. Why spend $500 to a $1000 on a 950 or 975 when you can buy the 920 and a good heatsink for less money with the same performance. So they released a new i7 and the i5 series with dual channel memory to replace it.

That's the reason right there....

Last time I said that Maroon1 came back from his ban with another account and tried to convince me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom