Cd drives wont open after boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
I just got a dell pc from my friend and both cd drives wont open right when windows starts. After a while they do.

It depends on how far along Windows is loaded when you are trying to open it. I mean, until Windows is fully loaded, your probably not going to be able to use any apps with the CD anyways until the OS is up, even if you can open the tray and put a CD in before the OS is loaded up. Do you mean like right when you see the Windows desktop, or after Windows is fully loaded ?

Like a few mins after windows starts. this is fresh install, windows is fully loaded right away.

Maybe your drivers need to be updated, what OS are you running ? Also, did you get the current service pack after the install ?

EDIT: nevermind, I saw it in your sig. Did you download the current drivers and install them for those drives ?

Its not that pc. Its a dell xps running windows xp media center. And no i havent, would drivers help? or is this a hardware issue?

Its not that pc. Its a dell xps running windows xp media center. And no i havent, would drivers help? or is this a hardware issue?

As I said, I think checking for current drivers would possibly help. So to my other question, did you get SP3 for XP ? ( which is the last XP service pack incidentally ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom