Thermaltake Venus 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, looking for cooling for an AMD 64 3500+ socket 939. Dont really plan on overclocking immediatly, but maybe later, always afraid of damage to comp.

Anyways is this a good setup for this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-038&depa=0

The only question I have is the speed controllers...I would be SERIOUSLY LOST at how much speed I would need to set them to. Should I always have it on high...or middle...or whatever.

If you have any suggestions for a colling setup that better quits needs, please say so.

Thanks
Alex

well, what you want is a temp monitoring proggie like Motherboard Monitor or SpeedFan and when you see the temps crawling in to the higher zones just turn the speed control up, especially if you are going to be playing games.

Yeah ill be running farcry doom and battlefield a lot, but does that mean i have to check it every 10 minutes? and what is a good temp?

for AMD a good temp while playing is no higher than 48-50c. When you are plaing games just turn the sucker up to the max cuz you know thats when the cpu is getting the most usage for lengths of time. But just fiddling on the internet or listening to music or using simple apps like word keep it down to low or medium.

those progs that i recommended give the option to place the temp readouts in your tray and the prog running in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom