Graphics issue I THINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielson

Beta member
Ok so a few months ago, my 18 month old pc starts to just starts have a yellow haze across the screen and then freezes. After a few rboots it starts going to a blue screen saying something about the nv4_disp file. A bit of googling found that people with this problem simply updated their graphics card drivers. So I do this...after going to a site like crucial that tells me what my system has...a geforce 8400 gs. So I update drivers, to no avail. A tech friend then says try again but uninstall all graphics drivers, reboot then install again. This worked! Problem solved. But no. It last a month then happened again! This time I got my original paperwork that came with my pc so I could phone them and ask. On the paperwork I noticed it said my spec has in fact got a geforce 7300GT card! So guy on phone says I've probably installed wrong drivers, just now use the original disk, which btw I'd totally forgotten I had! So I do this..again, problem solved!! For a little while! Now it's doing the same thing again, I did the same driver reinstall procedure and this time it had no affect at all! Also, what is weird is that when driver is installing, my own pc is telling me the card is a 8400gs yet paperwork says otherwise! STRAAANGE! Anyway, am I to conclude that graphics card is just knackerd? Or could it actually be something else? Harddisk?

Thanks for any help.

Ok thanks I will try that next time it happens. I fiddled with the card in it's slot, it's not loose or anything but seems to have kept it going for now. Just don't understand how it will run for a given amount of time, I mean if a driver isn't good enough then surely it would fail all 100% of the time, not just randomly for no apparent reason?

Ok thanks I will try that next time it happens. I fiddled with the card in it's slot, it's not loose or anything but seems to have kept it going for now. Just don't understand how it will run for a given amount of time, I mean if a driver isn't good enough then surely it would fail all 100% of the time, not just randomly for no apparent reason?

You would think so, but I've occasionally had random driver issues. I suggest Slaymate's idea, but don't wait until next time. What happens if you can't recover from it next time? Never wait 'til next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom