Graphics Performance List

no way am i saying the 5870 is a medicore card. it's a huge leap forward. i was just hoping for a little bit more distance.

i may not have been clear when i said "it seems like ati is always behind" so let me put an exception to the end of that statement saying that the 5870 is not one generation behind and it is a pretty frekin sweet card for the money, BUT it still does not de-throne the GTX 295 (which is was i was hoping for)

then i was saying that with a newer driver release the 5870 could gain the 5-10% performance it needs to take the GTX295.

so i'll go clean up my posts :grin:

Think the only thing we can do is wait and see what will happen in the next few months. There is so little information on the GT300, and the 5870 is using pretty much beta drivers. Since there are so many factors right now you can't really say what is going to happen just yet.

Edit: oops, phil posted at the same time as me.

perhaps with newer drivers the 5870 would beat the GTX 295 but it still does not beat it. they came close but it seems like ATI is always one generation behind.

At launch new single gpu cards rarely beat the previous generations dual gpu cards, even the GTX 280 lost to the 9800GX2 when it was first released.

But wasn't the 7950GX2 the first Dual GPU card?

I thought it was just because the video card's "SLI on a stick" drivers was not properly done.

We tried discussing that, and we still never got an answer..

Well, for sure its definitely above the HD 4550/9500GT, I was thinking above or below the lower end x1900's (like the GT)

Over here I can get a GTX 295 CHEAPER than a HD5870. And our tech is generally more expensive than most other places.
I don't know what everyone's going on about with "o omg the gtx 295 is like a hunnard bucks more espensive"

Back
Top Bottom