Is an i7 920 supposed to run this hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm running Windows 7 beta, and it has been bugging me about being a victim of software counterfeiting. Here's what the event viewer says:

Ending session 0 started ‎2009‎-‎09‎-‎27T05:18:49.640625000Z.

Event ID: 10001

... Is Windows 7 punking me?

Edit

Temp update: Been running Champions on max settings for about 30 mins now. GPU is at 55 C, hottest CPU core at 50 C, system is 32 C. Great temps... when/if it reboots this time, I will check the log to see if it says the same weird thing.

Also, I'm getting a "This pre-release version of windows has expired" notification. So I dunno, maybe it's timed shutdowns.

Okay, I've done some research, and I think I found the problem. The Windows 7 beta shuts down every 2 hours. I don't think I have the release-candidate. I'm not sure, really. But it's the only problem that makes any sense.

Edit: Yep, this is the issue. Just rebooted two hours from initial boot, on the dot. Well, I'll have to figure out a solution. <_<

Just installed the Windows 7 release-candidate. Everything is peachy.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time, but I have to extend a really deep thanks to everyone here for providing me with clues and support to help me maintain my own hardware. I've learned a lot since coming here.

You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom