Why won't my computer start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copelandtml

Baseband Member
When I turn my computer on the following screen comes up..

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode With Networking

Safe Mode With Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow key to make the highlight to your choice"

None of those selections do anything it just keeps coming back to this screen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks..

Have you changed any hardware? The last time you used the PC, and it worked, did you use any type of a Utility Program or install any updates? Have you heard any unusual sounds coming from your PC lately.

Take the side panel off, what does it look like in there?

I woke up the smorning and i was told there was something wrong with the family computer. My dad told me thats how it was when he got up the smorning. No Hardware changes where made, an update could have been preformed I will have to look into that, and when I open the side panel what am I looking for? And no I did not hear any unusual sounds coming from the PC.

I just pulled it out and am going to take the side off and realized its filthy, covered in a good layer of dust, defiantly needs a good cleaning. Could that be the problem?

Welllll, it sounds like something may be dying and heat is the #1 cause of death in PC parts.

A big build-up of dust can cause a fan to quit working and the dust can insulate heat in places that need to be cool.

Hopefully a clean-up is all you need, I'm crossing my fingers for you :D

Well I cleaned it out and it really needed it alot of dust was inside. But the same problem is still coming up and I cant find my Windows Xp Cd to try a repair install. Any other suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom