Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevan

Baseband Member
Ok, so I have a decent PC..

AMD Phenom x4 9950 Quad-Core Processor
K10N78-1394 Motherboar nForce 720a chipset
Palit nvidia Gf 250GTS card

Then theres my RAM, and i'm thinking this is the issue for my computer running games as well as it should..

DDr2 4096MB @ 333.3Mhz -.-' The size isnt the issue but I reckon the DRAM Frequency is, any advice on if this is the problem and what I should upgrade too? Mobo supports up to 1066Mhz. Yes its on dual memory

Yep, your RAM is hamstringing you. DDR2 800 would be the slowest I would go. DDR2 1066 would be better, but there's not that much of a difference between them.

Also, make sure your onboard graphics have been turned off in the BIOS so they are not conflicting and/or eating up available RAM/CPU cycles.

Yeh ok, thanks for the quick reply, I have kept my RAM since upgrading to a quad core and a high end GFX card, but I never realised the RAM was 333mhz, can you recommend any good RAM kits to get?

i dont think your ram is running at 333mhz. arent you supposed to multiply the frequency by 2 to get the mhz speed? that would mean that youre running ddr2 667mhz ram, which sounds more likely.

333.3 * 2 = 666.6, round up = 667.

if thats the case, then you wouldnt see a big improvement by getting faster ram, might be something else.

Bevan said:
since upgrading to a quad core and a high end GFX card
Did you update your BIOS when you upgraded to a quad? It may just be using two of the cores, and most quads run at a lower speed/core.

Also, did you uninstall your old graphics drivers and install the newest set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom