how do i overclock processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe yea thanks, i just hope i installed it right...saw on the box, the instructions and a youtube video of a guy installed it..and they all had the fan facing the video cards but blowing towards the top of the case.

i need some serious cable management..zip ties kinda look ghetto

Hey, i Overclocked my processor in the bios using this thread as a template

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- P5N-D E8500 OVERCLOCK PROBLEMS

and here are the specs i entered

FSB: 1600MHz
Mem: 800MHz

VCore: 1.31v
Ram : 2.110v
HT : 1.46v
NB : 1.46v
SB : Auto

i just turned my comp on 10 min ago. it's running at 3.8ghz right now and it's idling at 48 C i'll keep my computer on for a few hours see what the temps get to...do i only have to watch out for the temp? or do i have to look out for other things to? like smoke and a fire lol

edit: been running the comp for about 35-45 min..currently playing a game which is taking up 85% of the load..and it's peaking at 60 C

Very nice work :)).

I haven't said this but I'm also running an E8500. It used to be in my sig. Absolutely love it. Great little CPU.

What RAM are you using?

Very nice work :)).

I haven't said this but I'm also running an E8500. It used to be in my sig. Absolutely love it. Great little CPU.

What RAM are you using?

LOL are you ashamed to be running an E8500?

I have regular kingston GDDR2 800 ram. I have 2x2gb then i went with another 2x1gb for a total of 6gb ram. if i know then what i knew now i wouldve gotten better ram sticks =(

I saw some 1800mhz ram that i wanna get ;)

p.s. i was running two champion onlines (my account and my bro's account) and the computer was working overtime, but never got about 62 C ;)

Nope just changed it to my company name instead ;)). I have it running at 4.65GHz so I'm not ashamed of anything!

2.1 volts for 800MHz is pretty high. Have you tried lowering it?

Nope just changed it to my company name instead ;)). I have it running at 4.65GHz so I'm not ashamed of anything!

2.1 volts for 800MHz is pretty high. Have you tried lowering it?

no i didnt know it was high...what do you recommend for the voltage?

Average for non-EPP RAM is 1.8v. If it doesn't boot or is unstable keep bringing it up by .25v until it is.

hmm so far my computer seems stable..has only been off for a total of about 8 hrs since i overclocked it. but i'll bring it down to 2.0 just to be on the safe side then see if anything happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom