Computer power working, but won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have you tryed removing the ram and Video? these can prevent booting if they are defective.

no beeps from the motherboard when the ram is not installed? Do you have a motherboard speaker?

If it is working it should go crazy on you.

My dad had this problem and I advised him to flip the switch on the back of the power supply off for about 10 seconds then back on. His computer booted again just fine but some do not. Try that and if all else fails, get a new PSU.

Already swapped the PSU (see a few posts back). Didn't seem to help anything; I'm pretty sure it must be the motherboard although I'd really like to know what caused it to fail, it's only about a year old.

So I've pulled the motherboard from the case and still same problem. Fans seem to work and the green light goes on (the motherboard) when I swith on the I/O switch at back of psu. No burned capacitors or visible signs of wear that I can see. Still a mystery...it's an Asus PB5 ATX775, can't find any info on whether or not this particular MB has an internal speaker and there's no mention of it in the manual. It's dead silent when I fire it up with no RAM so maybe that's a telling sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom