CD/DVDr drive wont eject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappeared ? You must mean in Device Manager ? If you have a disk in there that you would like to get out, you can take a paper clip and reach in a small hole in the drive deck to manually eject the disk. That would at least let you get a disk out. All your connections tight. like your power cable to the drive ?

If it is like a mac and slides in, try grabbing it out like oldskool said.

If it is a trey that slides out and you place the disk on it, just rip it out and get a new drive.

If it is like a mac and slides in, try grabbing it out like oldskool said.

If it is a trey that slides out and you place the disk on it, just rip it out and get a new drive.

The tray type has the pinhole too...no need to just forcefully rip the tray out...

no Mak means check the firmware version of the cd drive not your bios.

btw I flash my bios all the time when upgraded bios versions give me options that I desire (my board 6 months old flashed twice). Your teacher is being a bit cautions. Which is ok for n00bs.

Your hardware teacher is a fool. That whole "If it aint broke dont fix it" mentality is what gets people into these problems. You never know if you have a problem until it is TOO LATE.

Check for updates to the BIOS and Firmware and see for yourself what updates were done! Some of them could be major and guess what, could fully PREVENT stuff like this from happening. :omg:

How's that for a novel idea. Stop problems before they happen.

I flashed by BIOS and my Firmware many times and have yet to have a issue. I flash my BIOS twice already on my new machine. It is just over a couple weeks old.

You can tell your teacher that i said that too. As he clearly doesnt understand what a BIOS update is for. What about those old mother boards that need a BIOS update to run Vista?!?!??? It was well known and documented that many mother boards needed a BIOS flash to work with Vista. That is just poor teaching.

i will do Mak i got a critical update from dell to flash my BIOS not long ago. And i had problems after i done it so i did system restoe to correct it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom