cpu-z reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECS nettle3 mobo with NVIDIA MCP61 chipset
came with my HP. Why is OC software bad idea? Possibility of changing something, the system doesn't run, and no way of changing it back? <--an assumption

Yha.. doh, prebuilt means no Overclocking... Yes to your assumption, but it can also fry your stuff..

For under a 100 bucks you can get a new mobo, but really, if youre happy with the performance, no need to OC.

sounds good. anything special I should look for while shopping around for a mobo? i figure an am2/am2+/am3 would probably be a good idea so i could use my current cpu, and then get am3 style cpu when i have the extra cash.

very cool, cheaper than I thought it would be too. So if there were other specs that i was interested in, I should make sure it has the 785G chipset and 710 southbridge rev. that the mobo you linked has. Good deal, thanks much for your help.

very cool, cheaper than I thought it would be too. So if there were other specs that i was interested in, I should make sure it has the 785G chipset and 710 southbridge rev. that the mobo you linked has. Good deal, thanks much for your help.

Not necessarily. The 780/790 chipsets are great too, but I've read good reviews of the integrated 4200 graphics. The 710 southbridge is a great thing to have, but not needed all the time, unless you buy a processor that would benefit from the ACC. If not the 710, look into the 750SB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom