I am having a Mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfix

Beta member
My mouse is disconnecting and reconnecting at random intervals. It happens more frequently while playing games but it is not exclusive. I have tried switching the usb and I have tried switching the mouse. I have also noticed that the other devices using usb are working properly. I have been trying to figure this out for a while and I found some stuff about irqs but that didn't seem logical due to the fact that all of my other devices continue to work and it is prevalent across all my usbs.

Have you tried updating your USB drivers? A simple step, but it may very well cure the ill. Depending on your motherboard, they may or may not be included in the chipset drivers. Check your motherboard manufacturer's website, or the computer's manufacturer if it is a pre-built.

I tried updating my motherboard chipset which includes the usb and it didn't work.

I seemed to have fixed it. I turned down my report rate and I disabled a seemingly unrelated device that had out of date drivers. I think the report rate is what did it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom