HD 5870, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HD 5750, where art thou?

Nah, its not worth doing that.

I mean its a good card, but you'd be taking a really big loss selling it for $100 and then buying a $350+ GPU.

I want to see how it performs against the 285's ect. when better drivers come out. Right now I know the drivers are holding it back some, but barely beating last gen cards from a different manufacturer doesn't make me want to go running to get one. Dx11 isn't all that developed either though.

5870x2 vs 295 tests would be pretty cool to see imo (when they come out that is).

i think this card will really shine once software companies start making enough games to utilize DX11...as of now it's all pretty much speculations. I am interested to see if there's any price drops..especially when the GTX300 series comes out. Budget gamers will finally have better access to the higher performing cards like the 200 series :D

anyone find specs on the GTX300 series card? wonder if it's gonna outperform ATI like the 295 has

i think this card will really shine once software companies start making enough games to utilize DX11...as of now it's all pretty much speculations. I am interested to see if there's any price drops..especially when the GTX300 series comes out. Budget gamers will finally have better access to the higher performing cards like the 200 series :D

anyone find specs on the GTX300 series card? wonder if it's gonna outperform ATI like the 295 has

Well all they really have to do is slightly beat out the hd5870, then make a dual gpu card like last series. So i doubt it will get to gtx295 power, maybe close though.

This was posted in the 5870 Discussion thread:

A look at the Nvidia GT300 architecture - News - PC Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom