First Post, Video Card question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHorse84

Beta member
Hello!

First I'd like to welcome myself, I've seen nothing but answers on this board so as a long time lurker I thought I'd finally join up.

I bought a 2nd hand PC to run a couple of programs that I can't do on my Mac.. I've always been a PC fan but for my writing I typically get my work done on a MAC.

WELL, here's my problem.. I set the computer up after getting home and had nothing but problems, after a reformat and playing around with drivers it seemed to work fine.. about 4-5 days later I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. I ran a registry cleaner and it seemed to get rid of that problem for a day.

THEN the computer would randomly just shut off mid work, or it would freeze (could be while doing anything, a website, word document, whatever it may be).

SO, after this happening throughout the day I opened up the computer and removed the video card, plugged the VGA adapter into the back of the motherboard, installed these SS utility drivers for the video output from the Motherboard and everything seems to be working fine.

Photoshop works, Word displays fine, no problems on the internet.. and best of all.. since this morning no freezing and no rebooting on it's own.

Is the video card the culprit here? I really don't mind running it since I'm not a gamer nor do I use any graphic demanding programs on here.

Thanks for any help! Am I alright running like this?

(my guess) it could be due to faulty video card or power supply not pumping enough juice

you are totally fine running on-board video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom