how do i overclock processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i plan to go as high as i can go with the computer being 100% stable. I am looking to spend no more than 80 bucks on a heatsink..the cheaper the better (though i dont want to get one that wont do the job) I was thinking of OCing the processor to 3.5-3.6ghz to see where that gets me

hey, just wanted to know what is the highest speed i can achieve with stock cooling? an emergency came up and i had to spend all the money i was saving for computer mods =( but i still wanna do at least SOMETHING to keep my sanity

Just watch your temps, after every increase run LinX for at least 5 minutes. Don't increase your voltages, keep them at stock for now. Keep going up until the temps start getting too high OR until things start getting unstable. Then back the timings down a little and run LinX for a few hours.

It's all processor dependent. Constantly check your load temps and if it goes about 65C at full load stop there.

With stock, I'd say you could probably do mid 3's. Idk though depends on a lot of factors. Like said above watch the temps closely.

how do i watch the temps? is there a program i can get to show temp? i have a temp gauge on my case, but i think it was installed improperly because it hasnt moved at all. I heard that u fold the receiver for the gauge in half and stick it in between the heatsink fins...but the guy that helped me build the computer put it in between the stock heat sink and the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom