HD 5870, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
went to frys today to see if they have the new ATI cards because i've read they were supposed to come out yesterday....but they didnt have them :(

Re: HD 5750, where art thou?

That's because only the HD 5870 is out, the lower end stuff will come out at a later time.

That's because only the HD 5870 is out, the lower end stuff will come out at a later time.

that' what i mean to say..i had a brain fart thinking of what model it was :pp

i went in again today in a different frys, and no luck there either...i asked the employee that was standing infront of the graphics cards and he had no clue what i was talking about :wtf:

I looked at some benches on guru3D, and I'm kinda disappointed. It only beat the 295 it like 2 or 3 things, and most of the time it was just marginally outperforming the gtx 285. I don't know how guru thinks you are getting twice the performance for your dollar than you used to. I mean, I'm sure with some driver updates it'll get a little better but still.

that' what i mean to say..i had a brain fart thinking of what model it was :pp

i went in again today in a different frys, and no luck there either...i asked the employee that was standing infront of the graphics cards and he had no clue what i was talking about :wtf:

Fry's employees are pretty much a joke. I've probably met 2 or 3 that actually know what they are talking about when it comes to hardware. I even asked one guy about the difference between two of their monitors and all he did was look at the description of each and tell me what was different... thanks captain obvious... lol

LOL...well if the 5870s arent all that great maybe i'll look into a GTX 285/295. Im sure the price on them will drop a little bit, especially with the 300 series coming out soon

I think its an excellent card, with pre-mature drivers it already smokes the GTX 285, and its close to the GTX 295, and with real drivers it could get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom