Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
I have an AMD phenom x4 9150 quad core 1.8Ghz cpu. When i run CPU-Z, it reads:

Core Speed: 900Mhz
Multiplier: 4.5
Bus Speed: 200Mhz
HT link: 1000Mhz

Shouldn't core speed be 1.8Ghz? I saw it jump to 1.8 for about 1 sec once, but it was only for a mere second. The other computers i've run cpu-z on have shown the correct cpu speed. Could someone shed some light on this for me?

ahh, so more or less, the multiplier drops to 4.5x when cpu doesn't have much going on. thank you much, I thought it was probably something like that, but wanted to be sure. thanks again :)

If you're interested in changing it to have the full speed constantly, you can go into the power options, and change it to performance instead of the defaulted 'balanced'

MOBO doesn't have any OC options in bios... I'm not very familiar with OCing anyway. Would like to get into it, but from what I understand I would probably be much better suited getting Intel if I want to OC.

I cant go into bios and change multipliers or voltages from there, but after reading your reply, I searched around, and found some info on OCing. On my way to check out OC forum to find OC software download, and the general way to go about it. I would love to OC my computer, if not for the speed increase, then for the satisfaction in knowing I OC'd it :) thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom