Samsung 42" Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I just bought one to use for a monitor, video and pic's look awesome but the text is almost unreadable..

is there a fix for this?

un-readalbe as in blur factor..

Leons

Samsung
Plasma TV (42")
while quantities last!
Model PN42B430
Main Event. This plasma television from Samsung features new e-panel technology and creates a superior picture with FilterBright™ technology. Glare is reduced so you can see all the amazing details, day or night. Plus 600Hz Subfield Motion with a .001ms response time delivers a smooth picture for fast-moving scenes. To top it off, this television is Energy Star compliant — using nearly 40% less energy than last year's plasmas.
Width: 41.5"
Height: 26.5"
Depth: 3"
Other Dimensions: With Stand: 41.5w x 12.5d x 29h

BTW: Crysis is awesome on this.. lol

It's only a 720p so it's got a crappy resolution for use as a Monitor. NewEgg has the 42" PN42B450 an it's listed as 1024x768. I think you'll be better off using a standard pc monitor.

Nividia has it set @ 1080P custom res 1838 x 1034 (Native 1080p-1920 x 1080) but when running "Native" the task bar sits to low.

Which OS? For XP you will haev to get the ClearType Powertoy. Vista and Win7 come with ClearType already applied but you may have to go into the control panel and adjust it for better clarity. If it is a OS earlier than XP you are in for some blurry times. They had no support for ClearType back then with LCD monitors as they were not around at the time. Back then CRT's were the main monitors used and as such ClearType was not created and implemented.

I use Vista mainly, control panel..? color management? which area do I look for the Clear type tweaker?

Open the Control Panel. Use the search feature in the upper right corner and type in ClearType. It will bring it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom