new tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningiron

Beta member
having a background in telecommunications i wondered why no one had thought of building a multiplexed white light cd burner. following my own line of reasoning i quickly realised that in order to make a thing like that practical you would have to rethink the prismatic multiplexer.. so i did. i approached intel with my idea and they seem interested but they say i have to sign a form before they will discuss it with me. the form reads something like "please steal my invention". i am paraphrasing of course. the research i have done so far seems to be leading to a usable light speed computer. so how do i find someone that will work with me and not leave me in the cold when the work is done. any ideas?

You need to patent it out first, don't trust ANY corporate company at all before you patent it, because they WILL steal it.

I'm no Lawyer, but I think you'll be ok so long as you have a Patent Pending. Having the Application and all the related Documents filed, correctly, with the Patent Office. Which in itself is probably almost as complicated as all the work you've already done, hehehe :D

having a background in telecommunications i wondered why no one had thought of building a multiplexed white light cd burner. following my own line of reasoning i quickly realised that in order to make a thing like that practical you would have to rethink the prismatic multiplexer.. so i did. i approached intel with my idea and they seem interested but they say i have to sign a form before they will discuss it with me. the form reads something like "please steal my invention". i am paraphrasing of course. the research i have done so far seems to be leading to a usable light speed computer. so how do i find someone that will work with me and not leave me in the cold when the work is done. any ideas?

Thanks for that, I am now going to go to the patent office in the morning.

You need to patent it out first, don't trust ANY corporate company at all before you patent it, because they WILL steal it.

Oh an vern is right I have enough in you last post to apply with some very basic research for a patent inside the EU and I will say if i was enough of a ******* I would go for it but seeing as I am not a rageing **** I wont but if you would like me to edit your post I will so some one isnt going to do it before you do.

it would take more than basic research to duplicate my work from my original statement, but if editing my post will protect my work id appreciate it. still, im trying to figure out how to connect with an r&d or even a corporation to develop my tech without being completely ripped off. lawyers are expensive. patent applications arent cheap. just a basic patent search can run $40,000 plus. im not adverse to someone with resources profiting from my work, i just want to come out of it owning a reasonable percentage of the patents ensuing.

problem with investors, they either dont know what you are talking about and wont invest or they do and you are back to square one re: potential ripoff. i know im coming across paranoid but i worked for motorola in the early 80s and between what i saw there and the paperwork intels asked me to sign i just dont feel like being christmas for a bunch of rich jerkoffs. the line of tech i am investigating has implications all across the it/ communications industry, i dont think its unreasonable i expect to benefit fom my contribution

Well simply put we are not lawyers and we cant advise you on this aspect.

Yes they wil try to rip you off or make sure you dont tell anyone else. That is the truth of it. The only thing we can say is what has already been said.

Get a lawyer and a patent.

Other than that nothing we say will be of any help. We are not lawyers, we do not know all the legal aspects of what you are trying to do and we can not advise as such. Pretty much sums it up.

i appreciate that. i know the law favors the wealthy and i know the people who have posted replies have made an honest effort. i was just hoping someone knew of a way i could contact an honest r&d if such a thing exists. thank you all for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom