Keyboard and mouse not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsharding

Baseband Member
Ok I built my computer about a month ago and have had not problems. Now all of a sudden my keyboard and mouse will not work. When I plug them into the ps/2 port the computer won't even recognize them. They aren't even getting power. The mouse will work for about 2 mins after bootup and then just stops. Could someone please help me? Is there something wrong with my motherboard? The mouse works fine when I take off the ps/2 adaptor and plug it into the USB.

Thanks

Have you tried using the keyboard and mouse in another computer? Have you tried using another keyboard and mouse in your computer? =)

Welcome to TF!

If you take the adapter off and it works in USB, maybe your adapter gave out or something...

"that's bullshit. reinstall the drivers for your chipset."

I hope you are not reffering to me. It was a SUGGESTION. You know, to help him?

Ok so I found that both ps/2 ports are combined into one box on the motherboard. Apparently that box went bad and fried my ports. Hopefully that isn't a sign of what is to come with my motherboard, as it is only less than 2 months old. My girlfriend went ahead and gave me my present early for our second year, which was the Microsoft wireless optical desktop elite set. So now my mouse and keyboard just run though the USB. As for my motherboard I am emailing the vendor today and am going to see what we can do. Thanks for you replies. I think I'll stick around for a while, this forum is awesome.
Brent

P.S. for anyone looking at this wireless set, it is awesome, the feal is great, is has excellent reception, has the side scroll option (which is pretty cool), has an additional scroll wheel on the keyboary, and is now on sale at Best Buy for 79.99.

reinstall chipset drivers, as Apesmere said, and for you Apesmere, avoid this slang, use esterics where necessary. keep environment friendly.

thanks in advance!

Reinstalled the chipset driving and its still acting the same. I really would like to fix it without having to mail my motherboard to the manufacturer to get another one. That would also leave me without a computer for a couple weeks. I contacted the vendor and he said try taking out the CMOS battery for a couple hours. I'm a little weary to do that, what do you guys think?

taking out CMOS only deletes the cache, but it can be done by keeping it out for just couple of mins, unplugging PC Properly.

this will set your BIOS to default. this may be problem as if you have tweaked your BIOS. so you can reset BIOS to factory defaults by getting in BIOS settings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom