Retail stores in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Hey, I just recently moved to CA (my wife to be is from the Toronto area) are there any stores here in CA that sell Motherboards, Memory and CPU's?

I have seen Best Buy and Radio Shack (the source) but they seem to only sell stuff like video cards and hard drives.. I'm looking for a more full ranged store that sells everything that we use for building.

In the states we have Micro Center and some smaller computer builder stores that are more "Mom and pop" based.

What does Canada and the Toronto area have to offer for retail?

thanx guy's

If you MUST buy in-store then Canada Computers is probably the best, as far as prices go. But their customer care is horrid. Tiger Direct also has a number of local places but they are over priced and also have horrible customer service.

However, I'd recommend buying online from ncix.com (over in BC). They will price match, which none of the other big local places will do. I always buy from ncix.com. I figure out my build, go to shopbot.ca and then find the lowest places to price match to per item. I save about $50-$100 per build that way. Also, if you buy online out of province you don't pay the pst, that will usually cover the shipping costs. Ncix.com also has pretty decent sales every Wednesday online, hit them up each Wed about 10pm as most of the best sales are gone by Thursday/Friday (while quantities last and all...). Their customer care is excellent. I've had to return the odd item and have always gotten a person on the line immediately and then replacement/refund without hassle at all.

Where in Toronto are you?

my recomendation goes with ncix aswell. im in ottawa and i have pc cyber, which is sometimes cheaper then ncix and is a retail store look them up to see if they have them in toronto.

Go down to the intersection of College & Spadina. Computer stores galore there. About 30 of them in a 3 block radius. What I usually do is walk in a few of them and buy whatever I need from the cheapest. Every store is a different price.

For online retail it's always NCIX as everyone has said. Use shopbot.ca to find the cheapest price and then pricematch it on NCIX. It's the only online store that has better customer service than Newegg from my experience.

Youre in Tdot to now J?

More or less...work Vaughan/north TO, live up north of Newmarket.

Yeah, no one really mentioned newegg.ca but their prices are not that great, usually better than tigerdirect and canadacomputers but again, if you're going to go online shipping, ncix.

Do not shop from directcanada.com, absolute worst customer care ever....very simply explained: they have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom