best clocking p55 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
Well the E655 is SLI capable, and E653 isn't. That could be a deciding factor. And the E655 would be a better overclocker. I'd go for the E655.

totally did not even realize that... thanks for pointing that out. if i do switch i'll probably go with that.

question... what do you think a reasonable price is for a q6600, 680i mobo and 6gb of ddr2 800 would be? i would need to sell off my old stuff before i could upgrade :D

You should hunt around and see if you can find some retail pricing for your stuff. Then I would try to sell it for 75-50% of the value depending on the amount of abuse given, how well it overclocks, things like that. Start High and reduce the price as needed. Post your items at numerous places if possible :D

I would go with the E655 :D

^i will try and find some prices. have any recommendations of places to post? so far i've thought of here, hardforum, anandtech... any others?

And ya, i'm pretty set on that board. either that or one of the asus boards

oh, have a question. does the 1156 have the same mounting dimensions as 775? i was looking and they look pretty close, i'm not sure though.

also, does anyone know if the i7 860 overclocks as well as the 920? :)

Try craigslist too. Easy to sell in person. If you do post on craigslist put "No Paypal, will only sell in person" or something like that to avoid scammers that will annoy you.

And I found this. Idk if it's correct but anyways.

Socket 775 heatsinks use a 72mm x 72mm hole spacing. Socket 1156 heatsinks are set to 75mm x 75mm. Intel socket 1366 heatsinks on the otherhand use a 80mm x 80mm hole spacing.

I've heard the 860 is a decent OCer, but I haven't really seen much.

yeah, i would much rather sell in person. don't have to deal with shipping :)

thanks for the info on the socket sizes. i looked closer on the evga board and it has 775 mounts too, so that problem is solved :D

yeah, i've been looking around some more and it looks like the 860 is a decent clocker. if i get one i really hope i can get 4ghz+. hitting 4ghz has been a goal of mine for so long, LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom