Re Writable DVD's are write protected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have been trying to use the format feature in Vista to format and to copy files to DVD's but it has started saying that the DVD's are write protected? It hasn't always said this and some of the DVD's have got files on them already so I know it's not the DVD's that are faulty. If I use other burning software then they will burn but I am worried if I try to burn a file from a camcorder and it says that the DVD is write protected and it wont therefore let me burn a file from my camcorder to DVD. What should I do? also if I burn a file using another burning software and then try to use Vistas formater then it still says the DVD is write protected, can I unprotect the DVD, or what can I do?

Help appreciated.

Vista's DVD-RW formatter is garbage. It cant format any disk basically. I had a disk that had a single file and wasnt finalized and it sitll couldnt get the data off of there. You need to find a better tool.

I guess I don't understand why you're formatting the DVD?

I was trying to format the disk because if I tried to copy or burn somthing to disk I was getting a message saying the disk is write protected, so I thought formating the disk may remove the write protection and enable me to use the disk but obviously not.

But for an update the software that came with my sony camcorder has a burning tool with it and it burnt the files to disk without any major problem. I think I'll just stick to Mak213's advice and use another burner.

patonb it was happening whenver I tried to copy anything to the dvd.

I do know that in Nero 7 that had a tool called InCD. It was great for this. It could easily do what you wanted. I cant confirm or deny if it is still around as i dropped Nero a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom