whats the problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
Recently I have built a core i7 system d0 stepping couppled with a dx58so mobo..assembled it at the shop....at first I was worried it won't boot but then the builder got me into the bios after a failed boot attempt and there I could c the bios version 2127...I don't understand what happened!!!!after that I bought the rig home and it was packed....I'm on vecation now and will go back after 4 days....any theuries and suggestions?

I don't understand your question. You were scared it won't boot, the builder got you into the bios after a failed boot attempt, you have bios version 2127.

Is it still not booting? When the builder got you into the bios and you saw version 2127 did he adjust any settings? Did it boot properly then?

after that I bought the rig home and it was packed

What do you mean by packed? Is it packed up in a box? Are you trying to say it's not booting again?

sorry i guess i got a little carried away :-(
any ways.......the point is that the only boot attempt I made was at the shop, i was confident that the computer won't boot and that the shop keeper had to give me a replacment of the board, one that supported bios 4156 (they could update the bios of this board for me by placing a C0 stepping chip and then doing it all free of cost)

But the board booted up with one failed boot attempt....the person took me into BIOS and then he left the room without further changes to to the bios. I just saw the bios version number and that the CPU and RAM got detected (6GB corshair DDR3). thats all.....then he came back disconnected the power cable and finished up building the system. I bought the system home and it was BOXED meaning PACKED. After that i had a plane to catch and now im 500 miles away from home.

my question.......WHAT HAPPENED???.......and what can I do to fix all of this when I get home...

what Ive planned is that I install windows vista 64 bit regardless of the many failed boot attempts ill get and then update the bios through windows.....

Don't flash the bios through Windows, that's the worst way. Flash it with a Flash Drive, CD or Floppy Disk. And flash it before you attempt to load windows, you don't want to deal with any possible problems while installing as it could screw things up.

ok I guess It was too late.....
I installed windows with a few unsucessful boot attempts
the 64 bit vista recognized the 6 gigs of RAM installed
the computer wouldnt boot up untill I had disconnected the power from the back. After that I needed to reconnect it and then the computer would boot.
I used windows to flash the BIOS but the windows update caused the computer to reboot and now I ws stuck with a dead mobo cuz I think the BIOS update was some how interrupted when I repeatedly pushed the reset button out of anger of not getting any display every time I tried to reboot the machine
Now Ive downloaded the recovery BIOS file from INTEL and will attempt to do it by their method.
If it doesnt work then Im taking the system back to my reseller and asking him to replace the board and give me a one with an updated BIOS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom