CDRW/DVD Rom Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabchgrl1988

Beta member
I was recently given a Gateway ML3109 with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. The issue is, the drive is recognized in Windows, doesnt show a problem, but I cant get it to eject. The light comes on like something is going to happen but then it doesnt. Ive manually ejected it to see if maybe a disc will play but it wont read anything, but it doesnt show an error. My question is, is it smething that can be fixed or do i need to go out and buy a new drive?

Have you tried to hit the eject button several times to try and get it to eject? I know that my drives haev been though many, many, many hours of use and sometimes i must hit the button up to a dozen or more times just to get the tray to eject.

Have you tried to hit the eject button several times to try and get it to eject? I know that my drives haev been though many, many, many hours of use and sometimes i must hit the button up to a dozen or more times just to get the tray to eject.

Yeah....that doesn't work LOL...If i press the eject button or hold it....an orange light blinks and i hear something like its going to do something then it does nothing...same if i hit the eject button in My Computer

Does it sound like the tray is catching? Do you have another PC you can swap the drive to, just to make sure it's the drive that's the problem?

Well its in a laptop and i dont have another pc so this is it lol The noise it makes...isnt really a noise..just that..i guess its "working" but it doesnt do anything..no clunks or screetching noises lol Makes the noise it usually does when u eject a rom drive, except it wont open on its own lol

Could be one of the internal gears for the drive has slipped or broken. I don't know how keen you are to take the drive out of the laptop and take it apart...:)
How old is this drive? As Mak said, once they start getting old they also get kinda eccentric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom