Video Card Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbetenia1

In Runtime
My parents have a fairly old computer and when i went to turn it on the computer turned on fine but the monitor was completely blank. I turned the monitor off and then back on and it said please check signal and then went blank again. I unplugged that monitor and plugged the monitor from my computer in and it did the same thing. Is the video card ba? Or is there another issue?

The computer turned on fine. How do you know the computer turned on fine? Did it beep once? Or are you saying it turned on fine because a few fans are spinning?

Try resetting the bios and see if that does anything.

the specs in my signature are from my computer. Im not sure of the mobo on my parents computer. Dell Dimension 4800 i think?

sorry, they have a dell dimension 4600. i checked the dell website. If i am not mistaken it has the Intel 865PE motherboard correct?

hey to reset the bios it would b easier to just pull the battery out for 10 seconds, and is your video intergrated?

it is not integrated. and how do i check to see if it is the video card or motherboard or any other component that is causing the problem?

anyone able to walk me through this?

Im having a tough time figuring this out. Anyone able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom