Need Help With New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I got the same problem! Same symptoms and everything! Only with a regular HD3870. Interesting thing is, we both have mobos manifactured by gateway!

So I am guessing, its our motherboards that are not compatible. Gateway maybe does not want people to upgrade their computers. Thats what I will do then, get a new mobo... (was planning on doing so anyways so yeah whatever)

I have to thank you for this thread, because I had no idea on what to do with the problem.

dont worry i had the same kind of problem (not n vista hate vista) here is what i had to do. pull you g-card, and clean the pins with alcohol if it is new still clean it, blow out your pci-e with a can of air duster, enable onboard everything everywhere, ( or just reset bios to default and enable in the divice manager) put your card n AFTER u do that. install the drivers soon as it boots up. Shut the computer down and pull your monitor and then hook it up to your new card... if it works no matter what (usually 1 out 10 motherboards automatically do this) go disable the onboard if this does not work, look to see if the fan is spinning. if its not bad card if it is just post everything it does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom