The Tech Forums Official Crysis [Warhead] GPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I set the fan speed in EVGA Precision it resets to the auto fan speed when it gets pretty warm, I think it was close to 100 though.

Right now it's idling at 50*c, so 30*c is a big jump.

might want to get a cheap 120mm fan and point it at the 9800GT.
Right now I have the side panel off and a small house fan pointed in the case (same fan as this http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1656/1000446.png ,that one on the front is also running). Tried running Furmark again (with the xtreme burn test option) with the fan speed set to 100% but when it hits 70*c it reverts back to the auto fan control and goes down to 35%. Once it gets up to 80*c the fan speed stays at 75%. Right now the ambient temp (right next to the case using a digital thermometer) is 75.6*F.

Thanks for the heat sink links. The accelero won't work for me because the sata sockets are right above where the gpu is now and anything higher won't fit. I can't use 90 degree sata cables either because the IDE socket is right next to them. The coolviva should fit though since it is either out of the way of where the sata cables would be. The Akasa should fit too if it isn't any taller than the stock heat sink. I might wait when it gets cooler (I'm in the basement so it gets pretty cool down here in the winter) and see what I get then before buying a new heat sink. Those two will definitely be what I look at if I find out it still runs warm (plus I'm going back and forth with the idea of building a new system soon so saving money is a good thing. My card also never gets as stressed at furmark makes it, I normally never see it go above 65*C).

Right now I have the side panel off and a small house fan pointed in the case (same fan as this http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1656/1000446.png ,that one on the front is also running). Tried running Furmark again (with the xtreme burn test option) with the fan speed set to 100% but when it hits 70*c it reverts back to the auto fan control and goes down to 35%. Once it gets up to 80*c the fan speed stays at 75%. Right now the ambient temp (right next to the case using a digital thermometer) is 75.6*F.

Thanks for the heat sink links. The accelero won't work for me because the sata sockets are right above where the gpu is now and anything higher won't fit. I can't use 90 degree sata cables either because the IDE socket is right next to them. The coolviva should fit though since it is either out of the way of where the sata cables would be. The Akasa should fit too if it isn't any taller than the stock heat sink. I might wait when it gets cooler (I'm in the basement so it gets pretty cool down here in the winter) and see what I get then before buying a new heat sink. Those two will definitely be what I look at if I find out it still runs warm (plus I'm going back and forth with the idea of building a new system soon so saving money is a good thing. My card also never gets as stressed at furmark makes it, I normally never see it go above 65*C).

I have the same problem with my 9800GT and fan speeds. I can't adjust them, and the auto speeds are all over the place (35% when I'm gaming, and 70% when I haven't been doing anything.) Fairly sure this is a BIOS issue on the cards.

do you both have the latest drivers, because there was some serious issues with fan control and the 18X series with G92 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom