bios wont save overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Wowww its been a long time since I've been here :D:D

Anyways, I have a p35-ds3l and an e8400 (heyyy these things were good when I used to come here ;)) anyways, I bought it to overclock and ever since I got it I had my e8400 running at 3.7Ghz nicely, but in spring I moved to portland so my computer sat powered off for a long time, and now I'm in a new place and its been running in the garage for basic internet task etc etc, no gaming except GTA4 (it was running OCed in this garage).. decided to go back to my old geekcore ways, moved the computer into my room and got some new games but now whenever I try to overclock (even a very modest overclock) the computer will reboot after I leave bios and my cpu will be running at stock 333x9 3Ghz, I turned off EIST etc etc.. I took out my cmos battery and the whole nine yards.. but it wont budge.

It remembers all of my settings, heck it even remembers my lower memory clocks, but for some reason not the CPU?

Have you replaced the CMOS battery? I know this is a long shot, since you did say it saves everything else. Have you tried reflashing the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom