Dedicated PhysX GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
I currently have a GTX260 inside my chasis and was wondering how would I go about installing my old 8800 as a dedicated PhysX card?

I heard this was possible...

Thanks.

Well I did it in the end with satisfying results whilst running Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Does this have any other benefits? I have a two-monitor setup by the way...

Also, would I only need to download and install drivers for the GTX260? Windows update asked if I wanted updates for my 8800.

Thanks.

Do both the cards need to be nVidia to do this? Or can I do this with ATI for Display and a nVidia for PhysX?

^ supposedly it's possible just to load the physx system software for the nvidia card and not the display drivers.

Well I did it in the end with satisfying results whilst running Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Does this have any other benefits? I have a two-monitor setup by the way...

Also, would I only need to download and install drivers for the GTX260? Windows update asked if I wanted updates for my 8800.

Thanks.

well you can use the physx card for the second display also.

as far as drivers go just install drivers for the GTX 260 and then go to the nvidia control panel and set the physx to run on the 8800

I've read with some modded drivers, you can use an ATI display card, and a nvidia physx card. I believe I read somewhere that Nvidia won't be enabling ATI + Nvidia physx, does anyone know if this is this true?

It is true as of the newest drivers.

Guess nVidia doesn't want to share :(.. oh well, its not like its the best thing in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom