i'm having a problem with the fan on my GeForce 9600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohitsray

Beta member
every once in a while, the fan on the card would slow down, causing my game to have choppy graphics and not looks so well. so every time this happens, i have open up my tower and kinda get the fan to roll again. i even bought an extension fan to under the VGA slot to keep it cool, but it still seems to slow down when the fan stops. anyone have any suggestions to prevent this on happening or know where i can order a replacement?

The fan should only be slowing down when it isn't needed in order to make less noise/save electricity. I've never heard of fan speed affecting card speed. I doubt your problem is related to fans or cooling.

it possibly means the fan is dieing... the choppy is the card overheating because its not being cooled.
You should get gpuz and watch the temps. Or even evga precision, which monitors the temp and fan speed. You can also turn the fan to 100% and it'll try and keep it jacked.

What you can do is point a case fan at the card and blast it to cool it.

Ive never seen a stock replacement for gus, especisally a lower end as that card now s like 30 bucks.

i also got another fan to put in the extension slot below the video card too. also like when the fan slows down, it makes a loud noise that sounds like its not meing caught by the motor... or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom