Why do I get low FPS in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now the question is, what would be better for me? Run 2 HD 4890's or 1 GTX 295?

I am actually looking to spend around 400$ now.

The GTX 195 requires a 680W PSU, while two 4890's require a 600W PSU. EIther way you would have to upgrade your PSU.

4890's run around $200 each, while the GTX 195 starts at $479 (for XFX, the lowest price lifetime warranty).

I would go with the 4890 for now, and then CrossFire later... or just wait a week for the new cards to hit and see what they bring about.

Neither..

I wouldn't bother looking at a CrossfireX or even a Dual-GPU Setup now, because the HD 5800's are supposed to be coming out by the end of next week.

Maybe just get a cheap card now, and upgrade to the HD 5800's or GTX 300's.

Oh man, those babies keep dropping. After MIR, they're only $175. That's a steal.

A card that has decided not to drop in price is the 285. It has been pretty much the same price since it came out. Even the 295 has dropped some. You can get some of them for $470 now. Although out of stock, an xfx 4870x2 on newegg is only $370, not much more than a 285.

I guess Nvidia is just inefficient.

The problem is really the large dies they are using, which means if they start selling them too cheaply, they start taking losses for each card sold. Hopefully they learn that lesson before they release GTX 300's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom