63 degrees athlon 2200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

piemann15

Baseband Member
I built a computer with a athlon 2200+ cpu with a old 10 gig hd that is running really slow it fluctuates to about 61-68 degrees celsius. i had the standard fan and then i replaced it with a thermaltake volcano 8 but no change is it the temperature or the hd or both.

Yeah those are some really hot temperatures my man. Are you sure you seated your heatsink properly and put on the compound properly and all that good stuff? Did you change out JUST the fan or did you change out the heatsink too? If it was the stock heatsink did you make sure to safely remove the pre-existing thermal pad and not put grease on top of it. My Athlon 2400+ XP would run at 64C idle but that was when I had standard Heatsink and fan and NO case fans at all with the side panel open. Have you formatted the hard drive before you put the computer together so it's a nice fresh install with the right drivers, updates, etc??

i just did a fresh install today it takes forever to start up, and i replaced
the fan and heatsink i dont know what to do i live in the caribbean but i dont think that will matter i have friends with 2400 running at 45c stock fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom