starting to think beedub is right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
well today i tested 3dmark03 again and to my suprise it went all of the way down to 5387. I have now turned off all overclocking on my system with no glory.

One thing is, I was running Ad-Aware and i had 500 freeckin problems, got rid of em all and they keep coming back!!

Could this be my problem?

My g-card was damaged in my mobo overclocking. For some reasong, he can explain more on it.

First, your ad-aware problems are being caused by a trojan downloader that downloads them everytime you start your computer. I had this problem not too long ago. Boot into safe mode and run an AV scan....then post your HijackThis log here and me or somebody else can help you delete the downloader.

For all of those who don't know, in order to successfully overclock, you must be able to lock the speed of the AGP bus at 66MHz. With the Asus K8V Deluxe, which is GameGURU's mobo, this option is not available. Therefore when you increase the speed of the FSB, the AGP bus speed is also increased. Graphics cards aren't meant to handle this extra speed in the AGP bus, therefore it will damage it. I had my FSB overclocked for a little while....so I believe I damaged my card as well, although not to the extent it looks like GameGURU did. Because it seems like I used to be able to play Far Cry with 6xAA and 16xAF and get NO lag whatsoever....

ok i just redid the 3dmark05 test with NO oc whatsoever, and got 4,242!! Sweet, now im gonna retest 03...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom