Video card problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keRmis

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, first timer here.

So I came up with this problem yesterday. It always happens when I play games or well, when I start the game. Now it has happened as well when I watch movies etc. It's like colorstripes going on my monitor and my whole system locks down, it gives bluescreen sometimes as well. I have pic as well. It's usually like this, usually it's worse tbh.

Pic:

Thank you anyways.

Specs: GeForce 8800GT, Q6600 2,4ghz, 2gb ram, PSU Antec Neo HE 550w and motherboard some crappy Asus P5KPL, Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

Edit: Now this happened while I was listening some music and nothing else, could this be somekind of motherboard / hard drive / PSU problem ?

How hot is the graphics card? Run a temperature monitor on it (GPU-Z). Are you overclocking? You are seeing artifacts, which is usually caused by an unstable overclock, or heat.

Well sometimes it reboots by itself, but usually I reboot it manually and then it works fine for some time. Even hours but if I do something like play games -> it does that thing every time, same thing with movies etc usually.

Haven't updated motherboards drivers for a long time, just installed new graph drivers after this thing started yesterday. I'm have DX 10 on at the moment.

No, I don't OC. My GPU is running at stable 40-50C. But isn't ~60 in idle kinda high for my CPU?

gpu's run much hotter than cpus.. They cut out at 110C

What is the temp when gaming? Gpu-z logs temps so run the game, then check the log to see what the temp got to.

Uninstal and wipe the drivers using drivesweeper, or something else, to bwipe all the driver files, then reinstall the newest driver from nvidia.

Yeah have to do that driversweep thing. But the thing is. I can't play games, WoW freezes right at the start, so does CSS (as you can see from the pic), CoD4 etc.

Hmmmmmmm, That does make getting a load temp hard eh...

Any chance you can borrow a gpu from a freind? or purchase a cheap 8/9series card.. this way you can use it as a physivs card after if you get another nvidia.

Can't borrow at the moment, going to ask one champ tomorrow. Going to reformat my comp tomorrow as well, if that makes any difference.

Update, got into WoW today ( at the moment there) and my temps are CPU: ~60+ and GPU ~55, this shouldn't be happening because of these temps?

Edit: Was in about 3mins and then it crashed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom