PROJECT : Kill Kitty (Now with nude pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally some pics

I will try to post some pics of the case so far. I would of done some thing yesturday, however i was rather busy with giving this computer a temporary home.

Here is some pictures of the case. Sorry for the quality of the images. The lighting at my folks place is not that good and I was only taking pics from my iPhone as my real digital camera was at work.

[edit]
The next thing that I am going to need to do is to complete a black and red checker pattern on the top and front edges.
2 things that are making this complicated is

1. I am going to have to use paint brush for this as masking the areas up for spray paint will be way too time consuming. Like it took me 2 hours and 3 rolls of masking take to cover these areas that I did not want to get painted red. My dad suggested about vynal stickers, but that will not help that the area is not even, and it will be just as time consuming (if not more)

2. The edge on the top and the front are 2 different sizes The top is 4cm (1.57 inches) where the front edges are 5cm (2 inches). Originally i was hoping to be doing 2cm squares. But from the looks of it, I am going be needing to look at doing 1cm squares.

The next part is going to be rather time consuming. And it will be some thing that i will want to be doing when I have good light. I am very tempted to put this part of the project on hold unitl day light savings comes in. At least there, I will be coming home and I should still have some day light for at least an hour or so.

Next thing on my list of items to order are
CoolerMaster Silent Red LED Fan 120mm. I will be needing 1x Front, 1x Rear, 1x Base, 1x Side Panel, 2x Top. I would also like to trying to find some Red Thumb Screws. PC Case Gear does not have any. But I might see if one of the local shops in the city has them.
I am also in the market for 2 sata mobile racks for my RAID drives. Sure, I have the drive space in side the case. However if I have the mobile racks, I will be able to connect the drive activity lights directly to my RAID Card. So if both lights are not flashing in stereo, I will immedately know that there is some thing going on with my RAID.[/edit]

Attachments

• FRONT.jpg
    FRONT.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 199
  • INSIDE.jpg
    INSIDE.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 198
  • SIDE.jpg
    SIDE.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 196
Re: PROJECT : Kill Kitty

Just that looks good to me :). Good luck with the rest of the painting, sounds like it's going to be very tedious.

Just that looks good to me :). Good luck with the rest of the painting, sounds like it's going to be very tedious.

I work out some thing this morning that will make my job a little easier. I am going to make a stencil for the checker patern. I am going to use that stencil and a felt tip pen to drawn every thing onto the case. Then I am going to use a brush to paint every thing.

Then finally, I will spray paint every thing with a clear gloss finish.
In the main time, I am going to try to find some cheaper places to find 120mm Red LED Fan. I really do not wnat to spend about $120 on case fans.
[EDIT] Okay, looks like I found of my suppliers that will do the for about $60
I am just going to have the LED Case fans for the lighting. Originally i was thinking about hadding a neon tube. However last time I had some cooler master LED fans, they put out enough light as it.
So I will be having 4 LED case fans that will be around the motherboard. So I think that those along will be putting out enough light.

A few things are on my mind are

Video Card. One thing that I am conserned about is the HSF on the Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB Video Card is rather loud. Currently i have it on my case with the side panel off. First I though It was the CPU or my other case fans. However on closer inspection I have found that it was the heat sink on the video card.
I think duing the final stages of this project, I might be installing an after market GPU cooler. However I will see what that will be light when I finally put every thing into this case and seal it up.

Sound card. I already have a PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music. However the motherboard is coming along with a Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip with a Dobly Home Theature Logo. I am questioning where I stay with the onboard sound card, continue using the PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music.

Memory. Yeah Yeah. I ****ed up on ordering the ram. Both myself and my supplier forgot to put a T in there. Currently i am running DDRII FSB 800 chips? Do I dare go up to DDRII FSB 1200? Is it worth it? [/EDIT]

I work out some thing this morning that will make my job a little easier. I am going to make a stencil for the checker patern. I am going to use that stencil and a felt tip pen to drawn every thing onto the case. Then I am going to use a brush to paint every thing.

Then finally, I will spray paint every thing with a clear gloss finish.
In the main time, I am going to try to find some cheaper places to find 120mm Red LED Fan. I really do not wnat to spend about $120 on case fans.
[EDIT] Okay, looks like I found of my suppliers that will do the for about $60
I am just going to have the LED Case fans for the lighting. Originally i was thinking about hadding a neon tube. However last time I had some cooler master LED fans, they put out enough light as it.
So I will be having 4 LED case fans that will be around the motherboard. So I think that those along will be putting out enough light.

A few things are on my mind are

Video Card. One thing that I am conserned about is the HSF on the Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB Video Card is rather loud. Currently i have it on my case with the side panel off. First I though It was the CPU or my other case fans. However on closer inspection I have found that it was the heat sink on the video card.
I think duing the final stages of this project, I might be installing an after market GPU cooler. However I will see what that will be light when I finally put every thing into this case and seal it up.

Sound card. I already have a PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music. However the motherboard is coming along with a Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip with a Dobly Home Theature Logo. I am questioning where I stay with the onboard sound card, continue using the PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music.

Memory. Yeah Yeah. I ****ed up on ordering the ram. Both myself and my supplier forgot to put a T in there. Currently i am running DDRII FSB 800 chips? Do I dare go up to DDRII FSB 1200? Is it worth it? [/EDIT]

sound card, most likely unless you are a audiophile and have nice speakers then you wont notice alot of difference. but if it were me i would use the xtreme music. i have one and it's a huge upgrade over my gigabytes onboard sound, which is terrable. it dont even have a graphic EQ.

ram, unless you plan to overclock or do some extreme benchmarking you wont notice much difference between the two.

Now that i got my fans, I am considering air flow.

I am considering about purchasing as Fan Controller.

I have 6 spots where i can install 120mm fans
1x Front
1x Rear
1x Base
1x Left Side Panel
2x Top

I have 1 spots where i can install 80mm fan
1x Right Side Panel where the base of my CPU will be (optional)

I will also be limited to using a controller that takes 1x 5 1/4 inch bay.
I have 5 5 1/4 inch bay.
1. DVDRW
2. Removalable SATA Enclosure for RAID1 Drive channel 0
3. Removalable SATA Enclosure for RAID1 Drive channel 1
4. Front panel card reader
5. Fan Controller.

I really would like to have 2 Removalble SATA Enclosures on this PC. Reason being is that if the Hard Drive activity lights are not flashing in stereo, I know that there is something wrong with my drives.
Keep in mind, I can also do this RAID card too as there is 2 activiety lights. But they are extremely small and you have to follow the cable to see what drives they belong too.

Since most fan controllers only cover 4 or 5 fans, I thinking about having the fan contoller connect to
Base 120
Right side Panel 80cm
Left side panel 120
One of the top fans.
I will be able to turn those up or down depending on if I am gaming.

The other fans I will have connected via the motherboard and I will let the motherboard control those ones (or a copy of Speed fan)

Attachments

• KILLKITTY AIRFLOW.JPG
    KILLKITTY AIRFLOW.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 574

That looks like it would have a pretty good airflow. Is the heatsink is going to be facing up and down (air flowing from the bottom up and then into the case fans on top as exhaust)?

That looks like it would have a pretty good airflow. Is the heatsink is going to be facing up and down (air flowing from the bottom up and then into the case fans on top as exhaust)?

Yyyyyeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh....... the only problem is that it sounds like a jumbo jet is about to take off if I am running off the power supply. What I really would like to do is find a fan controller where I can turn OFF these additional fans. I would like to turn off, not just set to low power, when it's not needed.

And the fan filter that they put on the left side panel is makes a lot of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom