dead psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
so i think my tx750 may be dead. when i got home this evening the power LED's on my mobo showed that it was getting power but when i hit the power switch nothing happened and the LED died... tried my spare psu and it worked fine. is there anything i can do to try and fix this?

it is still under the Fry's return policy so if i can't fix it i'll be going back tomorrow to get a replacement.

No, don't try to fix a PSU - not much you can do to fix it, and also you could get zapped from the capacitors inside.

alright... thanks for the advice. ill leave it unplugged for the night and see if it still has the problem tomorrow. if it does i guess ill have to get a replacement...

man... i thought corsair guarantee's that their psu's wont blow up... :(

what sucks the most is now i have to completely redo all my wire management... FOUL

You could try and fix it. But only do so if you know what you're doing. So if you have to ask here if you can fix it, don't. Generally if you ground it first you won't get zapped by the caps, it can still happen though, just don't keep it plugged in if you dick around in there. Also the second you pop it open any warranty is void and I'm pretty sure corsair has a long warranty so I'd check that out before you so hack and slash on your psu.

ya, i don't know anything about circuit boards or anything like that... i just thought someone might have some trick on reviving a dead psu, lol.

guess it's back to fry's for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom