FIRST BUILD COMPONENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewha1000

Beta member
Hey guys im new here and im building my first gaming rig and here are the components. It will be used mostly for gaming and web browsing. I would also like to learn how to overclock. So let me know what u guys think. Alot of advice would be great

Antec 1200
i7 920
Asus p6t deluxe v2
Corsair Dominator 6g ddr3 1600
W D Caviar black 1T 7200 sata
2 x sapphire vapor 4890
Rosewill bronze 1000w 80 plus
2 x samsung dvd burner lightscribe
Zalman 120mm 2 ball cpu cooler

$1700

Agreed on both counts.
Wait for the new cards to come out, there's no sense buying the older cards now when the new ones are so close, even if you do end up getting the 4890's there probably will be a price drop when they release the new cards.

And the PSU you chose is overkill for your system, you'd be fine even with 750W. And when I say fine, I mean not just-making-it fine, I mean you-can-relax-you've-got-tons-of-power-left fine.
The only reason you'd need a 1000W psu (or higher) is if you went with a 3 card setup.

Yea I should wait since there right around the corner. I forgot to mention that I plan on using my 58" 1080p plasma as a monitor. Games should run smooth on this correct? I play games like crysis, cod4 gta4 and fallout 3

Should run very smooth, especially with you going for the next gen graphic cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom