Cheap as possible first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRobb

Solid State Member
I am wanting to try my first build. I'm only looking to spend $300 for now. What would be some componet suggestions for such a small budget. I really appreciate any help.

Welcome to Tech-Forums, MRobb!!

And *applauds* on trying to do your first build.

I'm assuming this is only for the tower? No need for monitor, mouse, etc.

Thanks for the help! This computer would mainly be used for surfing and homework by my kids. Whould it be able to run any games at all? I'm considering a gaming rig in a few months if this build goes well(and I save up some cash). One more newbie question. Would I be able to use the same operating system disk(XP) on two different builds. Like I said, I'm a newbie. Thanks again for all the help!

It can run games, but very low end and non-demanding games. What kind of games are you intending to play on this build? And if you are considering on upgrading this build for gaming later on, I suggest stretching the budget a wee-bit more for a higher power supply...so it can be future proofed for adding in a graphic card.

Like I said before, I don't know how strict your budget is.

And no, you cannot use the same OS disc for two different computers. It's illegal. One OS disc = one license for one computer only.

I'm looking forward to playing the new Starwars: The Old Republic mmorpg when it comes out. I want to build a seperate gaming pc because I have three boys that will be on the first pc. Is there any way I could go cheaper on the first build so I can put more in the gaming pc later. After Christmas, I want to spend between 500 and 700 on a gaming pc. As far as the operating system, what would you suggest. I've seen XP under $100 at Newegg. I definatley want the first build to be on a budget so I learn without messing up expensive componets(also I think it would be awesome to say I built that). Thanks again for your quick and awesome responses!!

Hate to bother you with a million questions. My wife and I were discussing the two pc thing and she suggested a compromise and build one computer around $450. Can I build a decent gamer on this budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom