Is this a cpu issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I picked up a friends laptop, its a toshiba Satelite A78-S209. he usually always keep it on a external fan. I brought it back to my house and powered it on, everything was working fine for about 30 mins and than the power was about to die. I pluged in the jack and than it told me it was going into hibernation. So I pressed the power button for it to come back on and NOTHING. It comes on for 2 secs and than powers off, I get no visual or anything like that. I believe this is a over heating issue, I just wanted to check with some of you to make sure first... So whats your suggestion on this?

yup I already popped off the keyboard I have taken apart 3 laptops before. They seem pretty easy, but any way where the **** is the cpu located on this one? lol I see a chip that looks like a cpu, but there isnt a release lever or anything on it, it seems if its soldered down. Because I wanna put some more thermal paste on it and check the fans

never mind found it lol. I didnt know that cpu was soldered to motherboards on laptops wow. That kinda suxs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom