AGP HD 3650 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
A few months ago I bought an AGP Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 512MB GDDR2 video card for an old system. And since I've been having some problems. I read through reviews to see if there were any common issues, and a frequent one was the drivers. It said you needed the sapphire hotfix drivers as opposed to drivers downloaded from the ati site. I got the hotfix drivers but I'm still having issues. I've done a clean reformat twice, each time getting the latest hotfix drivers.

In old games like Counter Strike or Day Of Defeat I get terrible performance, a lot of frame rate drops, etc. The game play in general will be really choppy and laggy. Even while browsing, flash intensive sites filled with flash ads will greatly slow down my PC, pages will freeze up, the ads or videos will load and play really choppy, sometimes Firefox will just freeze

Im not sure if its a possible driver issue and I should try the old drivers or if my system is just getting bottlenecked.

System Specs:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Abit KV8 Pro Via-K8T800 MotherBoard
1.5gb of Kingston PC3200 RAM
Maxtor 160 GB 7200 RPM 8MB S-ATA Hard Drive
Sony 16x dvd
NEC DVDRW +/- 8x
2 Case Sleeve Fans 8x8
Blue Bold Cathode Neon Light
Orion 420Watt Power Supply

Yeah that seems like a logical step, how far should I go back as far as drivers go though?

I was also thinking I hadnt updates my bios or motherboard drivers since I bought the PC, everytime I did a reformat I used the existing outdated disks and the computer itself is about 5 years old. Would updating help at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom