HELP PLEASE< IT HAPPENING ALL OVER AGAIN, im begging you to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
hey dude i need help with my comp, last sunday it kept shutting down and rebooting itself in a continuos loop until i take away the power lug. i bought the bastard to best buy and they said i needed a system restore and reinstalling windows, did that. i bought home last week friday and it worked fine on that day and saturday, i started having the same problem again on sunday, bought back to those bastards to have a system diagnostics test, they chraged me 64 bucks. i took it home yesterday worked fine for 5 to 6 hours, i was surfing the web, downloadsing songs(that i paid 99cents for BTW), everything was working great. then it did the same shit over again, i didnt get no error message or nething.

at first i thought it was a virus and i updated my norton anti-virus and scanned my computer twice and nothing. it was updated to 9/30/04. so i left alone took out the power plus and everything i waited till it cooled. i started back up 45 minute or so later it started to work fine i got on the internet and stuff. several minutes later it did the same thing again.

i got an error message from uhh ARES saying the ARES dll. is missing or something to that effect. i had my operating system reinstalled twice and restored and reformated twice. now it cant be any software issues. before i boght back to best on monday i didnt even download any programs(not even one)

i bought it back to them this morning to try and get a refund and they said they wouldnt, i even caused a huge rant and told thier asses how unsatisfied i was with thier service. thier was this one dude, who actually knew wtf he was talking about dude builds cuztom computers, and he said it might be the power supply, do you think so???????????

they said thatb they were gonna run a diagnostics again free of chrager and this time they would do a full hardware inspection and see whats up they made me top priority.

what do you guys think the problem could be please i need help.

The power supply was the first thing that came into my mind....try taking it to a local computer store (NOT best buy), and getting it tested.

I would say yes the power supply, bad power supplies can make pcs to very intermitent and erradic things. I would check the bios and make sure everything is set right, fsb, cpu multiplier and voltage. Iv noticed that if the fsb is set to high, it causes you to get errors. Just another idea

Most probably a PSU problem.

Maybe the motherboard is getting shorted somewhere.(My friend had this problem)
Even hardware clashes can cause such a behaviour

right click my computer, click properties, goto advanced, click startup/recovery, remove the check for auto reboot in the system failure. That way instead of reboot it will give us some kind of error message. I think it is a power supply problem, but ya never know. Could be a heat issue, too since you stated to cool down??? Damn, check the temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom