crazy dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocker

Baseband Member
Hi
I jest removed a lot of spy ware, but now I got a window that says {TouchED Error Retrieval of “THotkey” failed. Error code – 0x00031402, 0x00000002}. The problem isn’t that the keys can not be used now (I never use them anyway) it’s that I don’t need to know every time I logon, help is welcome.

Your spyware app removed a program (or registry key) that was needed (by the spyware most likely). Try a search for THotKey and see what turns up.

Also, if you used a good spyware removal program, you should have a quaranteen cache of the stuff removed. If you do, restore it all, and see if that makes the message go away. Once you're back to square one, you can proceed with the spyware removal more methodically.

Also, if it is removed spyware that's causing the problem, you might try running msconfig and seeing if there are any odd programs in your startup tab.

searched for THotKey and got "00THotkey.exe.manifest, 00THotkey" in the system32 folder and "00THOTKEY.EXE-1F6713CC.pf" in the C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, as for restoring it all that was deleted after my scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom