Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayaseattle

In Runtime
help

looking to buy a hard drive..(80G)...internal...any suggestions ..modest budget...

also how do i know what system i have or need..eg..ide or pcmia..etc..?

thanks

thats my board...so i suppose its IDE?

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CUSL2 REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS CUSL2 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001.A 06/21/2000

question..whats the OEM they list on some items on newegg?

Staples has the Maxtor Ultra Drive in 160gb on sale for $79 no rebates involved. I hade my military store to match and since we don't pay taxes saved a couple of $ more. I did notice that if you do a google search, there are quite a few on sale but most involve rebates. I know a lot of people don't care for Maxtor, but for this price and since I'm using it for backup I had no issues with buying it.

I am gonna offer my opinion.........its just my opinion . I wouldnt have a maxtor hard drive if they were free. I have replaced more of them than any other drive. I was using WD special edition drives for a while and was pleased but have been using almost all Seagates. the last 4 puters i have built have all been SATA and the seagates really rock. new egg has great deals on them and look at the 5 yr warranty. That is saying some ting about the drives. WD dropped theirs to 1 yr except special editions. Also had a bad warranty dealing with WD..........they sent a refurbished drive that had errors using their diagnostics. Wouldnt even format ...............VSTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom