SSD Not Recognized in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
So I started up my computer today and got a boot error. When I checked in the bios the SSD showed up as "YATADPONG BAREFOOT-ROM"
I had not changed any settings or done anything unusual prior to this happening. I have reset my bios settings and tried another sata port to no avail. I bought the SSD sometime in June and had not applied any firmware updates/flashed the drive or anything like that.
Is this a common problem and is there anything else I can try to get it to work again?

I have noticed that 1.3 version of the firmware is supposed to fix it but I was wondering if anyone know anything I could try now so I could at least salvage some save games and steam updates from my SSD?

Thank You

Make sure you update the firmware.

As far as recovering whats on it, if its your boot drive, you're probably SOL. If you can put it in a different rig as a data drive you might be able to recover whats on it.

Yeah, ok. Going to put it in my old comp now, see what can be done.
Thanks veedub.
Edit: Just got confirmation it is dead, will be RMAing it. Thanks for help anyway.

Did you try updating the firmware? I have the vertex 120 and its been a solid drive, but i immediately went to the 1.3 firmware before installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom