Compaq Presario V6000 Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbaby338

Beta member
I posted this in the laptop boards, but got no response, maybe that was the wrong place. So I have a compaq presario v6000 notebook and lately it wont boot up, it will turn on, buttons are lit up, and but the os wont come up and everything like that, just a blank screen. Its been doing this sparaticly, and boot up from time to time, but the last 2 days, it wont come on at all. Help me figure this out guys. As far as warranty, I have no warranty, I bought this from some guy my mom knows and calling hp isnt an option, surely this computer cant be done for. Please help guys and gals!

How far in the booting process does the screen go black? after post? after bios? We need a little more information.

It doesnt get anywhere anymore, it used to get to the compaq screen where it says press enter for setup etc, but now it wont do anything, i just get a blank black screen.

It could to that the screen might have went out or the video card is bad. What you should try first is if you have a computer screen from another computer not a notebook you can plug the VGA plug from that screen into your notebook and see if you get a picture and then come back and tell us the results.

You got a response in the other thread:
Trotter said:
XP Black is a pirated version of Windows XP. Get legal, as in install a full licensed version, and we will see what we can do to help you.

From what I have read, some versions of XP Black come with malware.
I have closed both threads as we do not allow multiple posting of the same thread.

You need to install a legal version of Windows on the laptop, period. It should have a Windows OEM license sticker on the bottom. You can use that serial number to reinstall whatever version of Windows originally came on the laptop provided you can find an installation disk for it (XP Home, XP Professional, Vista basic, whatever) as the serials are not interchangeable.

Once you are legit, we can help you out.

Incidentally, it sounds like your hard drive may be dying unless you aren't getting the BIOS text. If not, the mobo may be dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom