Very dim image on my Syncmaster 203b

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Well here's how the problem started:

I was playing WoW last night and running a raid. The night was very bad due to clouds coming in and it was raining all night long. Around 11pm, there was a strike (friends saying it was thunder) but, I heard the transformer outside of the road near my house make a ZZZZZZZZZ sound. I knew it had to be bad. About 20~30 minutes later, it happened again with the same sound coming from the transformer.

So I went off around 12am. Everything was still fine with my monitor. Everything was still clear and you can see my whole desktop. However, this morning, when my younger brother turned on my computer and my monitor, he woke me up telling me that something was wrong with my monitor. I came to see what happened and there was a grayish line moving from left to right. Then I turned off my monitor, turned it back on, and saw the image of my desktop for about 5 seconds and it turned off. I thought it was off, but when I came home, I looked more closely at the monitor, and it was VERY VERY dim. I mean, I could barely see anything.

I've been reading other forums saying that it may be the inverter or the lamp I guess?

Well, I'm currently using my Westinghouse LCD monitor for the mean time until I can get the Samsung fixed somehow... Any thoughts on what to do is greatly appreciated.

I have also found this, but I don't know if it's to any use for my situation: Inventgeek.com - LCD Backlight Fix - Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom