Who said it's imposible to build a Intel PC on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything now will be light years ahead of your current computer.

What is your budget though?

There are alot of improvements on that list to be made, with better quality components.

I think for the price you can do better, budget me.

EDIT: curses.. beaten by the 1337 speed typer

Nobody said it was impossible, but at the lower end budget you tend to get a better AMD machine for your money.

IMO other coolermaster cases the same price as that one look better eg 335, 330, centurion 534.

That celeron is already $53, personally I would stump up the extra $17 to get the e5300 with 2MB L2

With AMD you can get some really good onboard which is one thing that makes a great budget build, under no circumstances would I get a graphics card which is already 3 generations out of date. Also the G41 is not exactly the best chipset ever and you are paying for graphics twice.

You can get a stealthxstream with the same rating for $10 less or a 430W antec basiq for $5 less

I only wanted to know if this was a big upgrade from my current PC.

How can you find a computer that beats a pentium 4?

Close yours eyes in a computer store and spin around.

Edit: Its not impossible to built intel on a budget, just not very smart...

No offense meant, but you can build a much faster and better machine for your money. Celeron chips are not very good. A low end X2 would be both cheaper and better.

I'll also throw out this deal:

X2 6000+ and an Asus motherboard with onboard Nvidia graphics, $110

Make sure to disable all the suggested add-ons.

Motherboard Combo w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Dual Core) 6000+ AM2 CPU - SMKSuperStore.com

The celeron you picked with the foxconn motherboard would likely be more than this once you add in shipping cost, as there is only a $6 difference.

The E3200 may not be the fastest cpu in the world but it is still a Wolfdale which means it is significantly faster clock per clock than the 6000+ in addition to running cooler and overclocking better.

The E3200 may not be the fastest cpu in the world but it is still a Wolfdale which means it is significantly faster clock per clock than the 6000+ in addition to running cooler and overclocking better.

None of which are highly relevent to most buyers. The x2 6000+ will run faster, and benchmark higher. Edit: At least at stock speeds.

None of which are highly relevent to most buyers. The x2 6000+ will run faster, and benchmark higher. Edit: At least at stock speeds.

The e5200 beats the 6000+ across the board, and the 100mhz and 1 meg cache difference with the e3200 wont make a big enough difference to let the 6000+ win. You are comparing 2008 and 2006 technology. The wolfdale is superior in just about every way.

I personally wouldn't buy a celeron, but just because it's a celeron that doesn't mean it sucks. The Core architecture is very good and it has several distinct advantages over K8. Not only that, but your chip is 90nm and 65nm, and they don't state which version they are selling. Why in the world would you buy a 90nm chip over a 45nm one? It runs cooler and uses less power, while being faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom